The well known diving site of Menjangan Island is located not far away from the Villa Aparna (44 km). Guests can book a diving or snorkeling tour at Arrows Dive Center from Lovina (www.arrowdivecentre.moonfruit.com). They will come at the villa and will drive you on the diving spot which is accessible by boat. It is also possible to receive training in the pool and pass your Padi test. Other close by diving places are Secret Bay and Puri Jati.
Also in the North of Bali but at 2,5 hours by car, is another famous diving spot (the USS Liberty) which is in itself a destination for experimented divers.
The villa Aparna is located right in the middle of the dolphins observation area which is unique in Bali. Many fishermen are converted to take tourists to discover these great marine animals which can even be observed sometimes from the villa.
Zen center is located 5 mn by scooter from the villa. This is a hotel spa which is famous for the massages and body treatments they provide. They can also pick you up from the villa, unless you prefer spa services at the villa, which Amy, our appointed masseuse, can provide you.
One hour by car, the Bali Handara Kosaido Country Club, set in a extinct volcano, has been awarded by Golf Magazine as “One of the 50 Greatest Holes in the World” (visit www.balihandarakosaido.com)
Available in Lovina. Several addresses can be found on the following link: www.lovina.net/courses.php
- Half Day tours ideas:
- Hiking, biking or driving a scooter in the superb country or sea side, the rice paddies, the mountains or simply in the villages to meet with the locals.
- Banjar Hot Springs
- Munduk Waterfall and Kesin Giant Tree (about 1 hour from the villa)
- Lovina (touristic centre of North Bali, 20mn from the villa) where you will find a small concentration of hotels, bars and restaurants as well as tourist shops and spas.
- Singaraja, capital of the North and Bali’s second city by the size (40mn by car from the villa).
- Full Day tour ideas:
- Ubud and its renowned art galleries and rice paddies
- Seminyak and Kuta, the cities of the South for great shopping and dining
- Jimbaran in the extreme South for its famous surf spots,
- The clear water rafting program on Ayun river
- The volcano and spices route
- The elephant camp safari park